Basilian Centre for Justice, Peace, and Integrity of Creation
See, I am making all things new.” (Rev. 21:5)
Vision: A world made new in Christ.
Mission: To assist the entire congregation in educating and evangelizing towards justice, peace, and the integrity of creation.
- To engage and motivate Basilians in knowledge and action for JPIC.
- To assist Basilians and collaborators in making this knowledge accessible to those we serve.
- To enable the Congregation to speak publicly to important issues of this kind with a prophetic collective voice.
- To collaborate with other religious communities to act wisely and in a timely fashion.
- To inventory, celebrate, publicize and extend the activities Basilians already do in these areas.
- To foment helpful conversation around the theological dimensions of doing justice, opposing sin and injustice, caring for creation, etc.
Human Development Fund
The Human Development Fund provides assistance for a program or project harmonious with a biblical vision of justice and peace. It is for projects that go beyond helping people directly and are clearly designed to change systems to promote justice and peace more effectively; projects that seek to empower the poor and marginalized and, when feasible, involve them in planning and executing the project; projects that originate out of Basilian houses or institutions and/or in which individual Basilians are actively involved. A proportion of the Fund, not to exceed 15% in any year, may also be distributed in assistance to educational projects which involve their participants actively in the promotion of peace and justice.
- Basilian Human Development Fund Grants Criterion & Process Download PDF
- Basilian Human Development Assistance Form Download Microsoft Word Document